4.21.2014

o f f i c e . l i b r a r y


 I have BIG plans for my office/library/bibliotheque. Well...the plans are similar to what I already have, but with built in book shelves, new rug and some added pops of color. But for now, I've done what I have been able to and mostly thanks to paint. Paint can dramatically change the feel of the space and since my home is so light and airy I must have dark pops to ground your eyes and give dimension. I also believe a home looks so much more elegant with painted doors. Don't you agree? I'll add some inspiration photos as well. 


Eeew the BEFORE...seriously? The yellow and the ivy were awful along with the rest of the paint in the house. We painted the walls in here Sherwin Williams Worldy Gray SW 7043

The doors need a nice glossy black. Sorry I don't have the color reference, but I went to home depot and just picked out the blackest black. I also added the push plates instead of the knobs because they totally transform the doors!

So here are just a few of our REGULARLY used kids books. I love having the bookshelves in here and I'm excited for future projects down the road for some built in bookshelves.


Here you get a peek into our guest bedroom downstairs. 




NOW FOR SOME COLORED DOOR INSPIRATION!!!



Here you will see "a case for beautiful black doors" on Houzz.com
(source)


Have a beautiful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment