4.27.2014

m o t h e r s . d a y

My husband knows me all too well. He even said to me "you're happiest when you have a project". Ain't that the TRUTH! So for an early Mothers Day gift he gifted me the project for paint and hardware for my KITCHEN!!! I have HATED HATED HATED my kitchen since I laid eyes on it. I wanted to paint paint paint every day and was just waiting for the go ahead from Hubby. We have discussed that this is a temporary fix until we want to completely GUT and renovate the entire thing since the counters are laminate, the tile is ugly, and the kitchen island doesn't really work, but I have a few fixes up my sleeve to hold me over until complete gut day. For now, enjoy!










Information on Products used:
Wall Color is Sherwin Williams Worldly Gray SW 7043 (flat finish)
Upper Cabinets is Behr Mirage White 400E-1 Premium Primer and Paint in One (satin finish)
Lower Cabinets are Behr Mountain Haze 400E-3 Premium Primer and Paint in One (satin finish
Polish Nickel Bin Pulls are from Home Depot in the Martha Stewart Collect (here)
Acryllic Knobs with Chrome Base are from Home Depot (here)

The counters are just formica and the appliances are old, but with the new colors they breathe new life into this space!

Isn't it pretty???

5 comments:

  1. Brooke, you amaze me!!! Looks fantastic! ❤️. I have so many DIY projects I want to do but I get caught up in a million paint samples and the how to's? and will I like it forever, and how will it go with my current decor, and does it clash with the room touching it?? So I get stuck! Then there's the whole my cute & clingy 19 month old which makes it also impossible so then I get overwhelmed and it takes me forever to get anything done! You totally rock! You have 2 kids and have been able to whip so many gorgeous things out on your house! Super impressed, you rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you Amy! It feels like it's been FOREVER since I've had a project and my husband knew it! I get really bummed out when I have a vision but cannot put it into action. We've lived here for 10 months and have hated the cabinets from day one. Thank goodness Mothers Day came. I got a project which I wanted AND a pretty new space. It all comes in time and I'm sure you'll find a way to do what you want. I've seen your space and it is BEAUTIFUL! Keep on keepin on and DIY your heart out.

      Delete
  2. That truly was a great gift idea! You certainly have a keen eye for things and able to make quick decisions and that makes you awesome! I have a pretty good eye for things but it takes me a looong time to decide for sure for sure! ;).
    Thanks for the compliment on my space, I've done our loving room and Elle's room and now moving onto our bedroom, then the guest bath, then the kitchen... Oh the kitchen! What are your secrets/tips for painting doors and cabinets??! I painted our pantry door and our French doors but there are so many brush strokes even after adding the additive to the paint to reduce that very thing. Do you do roller? Brush? Special paint? Oil or water based paint? Technique? Yours looks great!!!! ❤️❤️❤️. We are thinking of staining ours with the java gel stain, it's on Pinterest with a tutorial --still undecided!
    P.S.- those arrows you did are to die for!!! I'm like literally drooling over them!!! �� how did huh get them so perfectly straight?!?! Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha well I'm a girl who knows what she wants....for the most part.

      I will work on a list of how I did the cabinets. I did step by step photos so I'll post that in the near future!

      You can't get overwhelmed by the big project and never get it done, otherwise it won't get done! Sometimes the anticipation is so much worse than the actual project. I think of it like ripping off a bandaid. Decide to do it, do it, then enjoy the product! You'll be so proud of yourself!

      Delete
  3. Okay, Brooke, we've been getting quotes on new cabinets and they are scaring me....I may need that step by step sooner rather than later... ;) Maybe I'll hit you up on FB for some tips.

    ReplyDelete