4.23.2014

d i y . o r . b u y ?

The other day I was roaming through a local dealer/antique store thats filled with dealers who sell old/new/handmade/custom design etc. Pretty much I can die and go to heaven with most of the little shops in there.

The dresser I saw 10 months ago is still there, because they're asking a crazy amount of money. It's marked down to $1300 from $1600. Crazy, right? I'm not sure they really want to sell it.

I did however see something that was heartbreaking for me to pass on. I need a lot of furniture since we moved from California. We sold and donated a lot of items that could have been really useful here. ONE of them in particular was a coffee table//large ottoman. This one that I spotted was most likely a DIY itself. Now I just need to find a pine coffee table and a Native American wool blanket and foam. Lots of foam. It's beautiful really. PLUS they were only asking $460 and for me to buy this I think that's totally reasonable seeing as a pendleton wool native american blanket is at least $249.


So here's the question, do you DIY? Do you BUY a DIY? Buy NEW???

(source)

(source)

(source)


(source)


OR DO YOU BUY NEW?

(source)


(source)


West Elm

 There are so many good choices and now that I've seen this beauty from West Elm for $349, I'm think it's a steal. I still love the Native American covered one though, especially because the corners would be soft and not harm my busy children. 

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment