10.07.2014

desk shuffle

Since I was able to purchase a new eat in kitchen table and the lights were switched, the desk that my husband was using in the dining room needed to find a new home. Well...not literally a new home, it was my Grandmothers writing desk and I feel closer to her when I use it. It's not only sentimental, it's beautiful. So I wracked my brain trying to figure out how I was going to magically make more space in my office with my Pottery Barn X desk or place the desk elsewhere in the home, but my husband needs a good working space as well and I finally decided the office is where it was going to go.

I placed the desks back to back and they are just about the same height and same width so it worked out perfectly. AND I don't have a glare on my screen when I edit photos now (my computer now faces the wall)


The Cords have been shoved under the solid desk, so they're less visible. Yes this pictures were taken at night so it isn't the best lighting.


My husband is taller and this desk has more clearance than the wood one so it's much more comfortable for him. He's happy, I'm happy.


I'm thinking I can take the fan off my desk now that it's getting cooler. This room is at the front of our home and it just get's blasted by the sun and the room just bakes.

Sources:
Lamp: Homegoods
Fan: Target
Wood Desk: My Grandmothers writing desk
Glass Top X Desk: Pottery Barn
Chairs: Overstock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment