10.06.2014

buh bye brass

Brass is one of those things that we find in ALL homes that haven't been renovated recently, because let's be honest; no ONE actually chooses brass to finish their home.

Lucky for me, chalk paint was invented and also super double lucky for me, brass is everywhere. People are selling it for cheap...or practically giving it away.

       

Here it is in all it's original shiny brass glory

I have dearly missed doing projects and the only way that I was able to completely update my last house was through my photography business. The extra money from shoots and dog sitting allowed for a lot of projects and decorating. Things have been super slow going here, because let's get one thing straight. If it's between your kids preschool tuition and groceries or drapes...the ANSWER will always be tuition and food. I have picked up my camera and started doing photography and in fact I'm even flying to California this month to photograph a wedding. How fancy is that? Super fancy.

I was able to do two shoots and it paid for a new round pedestal table and so we could move our long rectangle table into our dining room. The capiz chandelier is also rectangle and needed to be moved. My husband's FAVORITE thing to do in his down time is move chandeliers... Yah right. I think he'd rather be poked in the eye.

Tables, moved, chandeliers switched and then I was stuck with ugly brass over my round table. Now this is the cool part. I once saw a DIY that Dear Lillie did on her brass chandelier and I loved it and decided to do the EXACT.SAME.THING. So that's what I did, I love it. It looks french country which is what I'm trying to transition to feel of my home too. It just takes time.

Take a look at what was done!

During the painting process.

All finished! (sources at the bottom)
 I found the same chandelier that Dear Lillie did on Craigslist and decided to paint that one as well. At the moment it's for sale, but who knows, maybe I'll find a fantastic place to put it in my home.


Round Table is the Blanca Pedestal Table from Cost Plus World Market. This is before the Capiz Chandelier was moved above the other table. 



The Capiz Chandelier is now finally over the other table in the dining room, which until recently was my husbands office. So nothing is decorated and I don't have chairs, well I do actually....they're folding chairs. Not fancy at all, but they function for now. 


Sources:
Chandelier over table came with the house
Chandelier for sale was from Craigslist
Paint: Annie Sloan in Paris Gray with Dark Wax rubbed on (may add some clear wax to smooth it out, but I like it as of right now)
Capiz Chandelier: West Elm
Round and Rectangle Tables: Cost Plus World Market

No comments:

Post a Comment